Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Now with over 60 papers from 21 countries the conference is looking quite good and promises to be an exciting time in Maribor!
Watch for our list of papers and presenters soon. Plus, we will be staging a number of other events at the conference using many of our experienced attendees.
We are extending the deadline for considering abstracts. If you want to attend without a paper please file an application with Bojana Skrt.
All needed and updated information is at http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/better/Welcome.html
Monday, September 6, 2010
The Third International Conference on Argumentation, Rhetoric, Debate and the Pedagogy of Empowerment -- THINKING AND SPEAKING A BETTER WORLD will take place in Maribor, Slovenia on October 22-23-24 2010. Full information can be found at http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/better/Welcome.html
We have some exciting news to share with you:
- Boris Vezjak, Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Arts, University of Maribor, Slovenia has been working hard to host us, with Peter Mesarec assisting him.
- We have over 55 papers from 19 countries accepted with more coming in and under revision.
- The conference has a major sponsor, and we will announce the new sponsor as soon as the agreement is finalized.
- The conference has a site for the next year, and it will be an exotic one. Again, as soon as the agreement is finalized it will be announced officially.
- The sponsor will be publishing a book of accepted papers from the first three conferences (Koper, Ljubljana and now Maribor). If you would like to be a part of this publication, now is the time to act and submit an abstract.
- Our three keynote speakers Rastko Mocnik, Debbie Newman and Sam Greenland have accepted and confirmed. Read about them at http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/better/Keynotes.html
- Beautiful city, good hosting, stimulating colleagues all go together to make this an event not to be missed.
There is still time to submit an abstract and to be included in the conference. The program will be finalized on October 1 2010. See instructions on how to make a submission at http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/better/Submissions.html
If you have questions, please contact me, firstname.lastname@example.org .
See you there!